Monday, May 29, 2017

Blog for A Pirate’s Darkness

Author ML Guida

Hello, everyone! My name is ML Guida, and I write historical paranormal romance. My books are also filled with adventure and have lots of fight and battle scenes in my books.
I live in beautiful Colorado with my little cocker spaniel, Raven. She loves to sit next to me when I write, and I refer to her as my little snuggle bunny. If you would like to find out more about my next books and what books Raven is recommending, please sign up for my newsletter at www.mlguida.com.
I am pleased to announce my next book in the Legends of the Soaring Phoenix Series: A Pirate’s Darkness. This is the last book about the three princesses of the sea. My princesses are the daughters of Eldric, king of the undine.
What’s an undine? An undine is a water elemental. They are similar to mermaids, but they do not have tails, and they can live in both fresh and salt water. Undines also do not have souls. The legend is that if an undine mates with a human, she’ll become pregnant and develop a soul.
I took liberties with this legend. First of all, I discovered that it’s very difficult to write a heroine without a soul, because they are basically immoral, so I changed it. When my undines mate with a vampire, their babies become super powerful, and the villain, the demon Zuto, wants that power.

A Pirate's Darkness by ML Guid
The heroine in A Pirate’s Darkness is the youngest sister who has the power to control ice and snow. Yes, I stole the concept from Elsa, because I loved that character, but Penelope is an undine destined to be the ruler of her people. The hero is Ewan Kelley, the gun master of the Soaring Phoenix, and all he wants to do is protect his little girl from ever knowing that he’s cursed.
Below is the blurb about this exciting new tale:

Destined to be queen of the undines, Penelope must master her winter powers and remain pure. But time is running out. A time spider is hunting her. To save her people, she must flee. If caught, the beast will bite her and drag her back to a demon’s island. Then, the demon will feast on her blood, allowing him to the escape the island and kill all those she loves.

            Her only hope is trust Ewan Kelley, the grim gun master of the Soaring Phoenix. 

            Ewan wants no part of this and is still mourning the loss of his beloved woman and guarding his blind daughter from the demon. But an archangel reveals that the demon knows where she is and plans to kidnap her. To keep her safe, he must save a woman he barely knows. In return, the archangel promises to give sight to his little girl.

           Their attraction for each other proves to be too strong, and soon they learn that their forbidden love will not be denied. Only by working together can they defeat the forces of evil. 

Follow her on Facebook, Twitter and check out her Website

No comments:

Post a Comment