Wednesday, January 25, 2017

Starbucks, Lovers, Infidelity & Writing

Author Tony Faggioli

“One of the most often overlooked aspects of infidelity is the pain that exists within the cheater, long before the act in question takes place, that subsequently causes the pain in the person being cheated on,” she said as she sat across from me, her hipster glasses resting perfectly on the bridge of her nose and her hands folded neatly in her lap. As the third therapist who had agreed to an interview with me about this topic, she was the one who gave me the final piece of the puzzle that I needed to make Kyle Fasano, the main character in The Millionth Trilogy, more human.

It was the decision that some people make to hurt the one they love that drew me to the topic of lust and infidelity as the central catalyst for the spiritual war that breaks out across all three novels. This was not going to be a nuanced, intellectual journey into the topic, like, say, The Bridges of Madison County. No. It was going to be more like an Apocalypse Now story, of human hearts torn, ravaged, at war and on the verge of madness. Because to be honest, that’s what I’d seen in the lives of those around me who’d been cheated on. Complete devastation.  

“Why?” I wondered, while sequestered in the alcove of my favorite Starbucks one morning. Why was this particular…sin…so much more profound than the others? So much so, in fact, that “crimes of passion” are one of the top three reasons for murder. I decided that for the purposes of this story, lust, temptation, selfishness and the labyrinth of consequences that follow infidelity were going to be given center stage, amongst angels and demons, hell and hell on earth. I interviewed a detective at with the Los Angeles Police Departments Central Station, as well as a few pastors, to gain both a humanistic and spiritual view of the consequences.

ANNOUNCEMENTS:  

BOOK 1, “ONE IN A MILLION”, HAS REACHED #1 IN FREE CRIME, #1 IN FREE PARANORMAL and #2 IN FREE SUPERNATURAL IN THE PAST THREE MONTHS. AT ONE POINT IT EVEN MADE IT TO #37 IN AMAZON TOP #100 THRILLERS.

BOOK 2, “A MILLION TO ONE”, HAD ITS VILLIAN COMPARED TO HANNIBAL LECTER BY KIRKUS REVIEWS IN OCTOBER. NEEDLESS TO SAY, I WAS VERY HAPPY ABOUT THIS. 

BOOK 3, “ONE PLUS ONE”, EARNED THE HONER OF BEING A “FEATURED REVIEW” IN KIRKUS REVIEWS MAGAZINE LAST NOVEMBER.  I’M TOLD THAT ONLY 10% OF THE REVIEWS DONE EACH YEAR BY KIRKUS EARN THIS DISTINCTION AND I WAS THRILLED.

MY 4TH BOOK, THE SNOW GLOBE, A PSYCHOLOGICAL THRILLER, IS SET TO BE RELEASED ON MARCH 17TH, 2017. IT IS A STAND ALONE NOVEL ABOUT A WOMAN BEING STALKED ACROSS THE COUNTRY BY HER EX-FIANCE.

FOR MORE INFORMATION ON ME OR MY BOOKS PLEASE CHECK OUT MY WEBSITE: tonyfaggioli.com




No comments:

Post a Comment