Friday, March 11, 2016

Discover How an Exchange Student Inspired Marry Your Billionaire

Author C.J. Anaya

The idea for Marry Your Billionaire can be blamed on our foreign exchange student from Switzerland, Alyssia Keller, who came to live with us during the school year of 2014-2015. She’d been a fan of The Bachelor for quite some time, while I had done an admirable job of avoiding that show like I would a sugar-free diet. I couldn’t think of anything more ridiculous than watching desperate women fighting over a knuckle head who probably joined the show just so he could get laid. What were these women thinking? Why in the world put yourself through all of that drama? No guy could be worth such heartache.
Right?
I knew you’d understand.
These were all of the arguments—valid arguments—I posed to Alyssia when she insisted I sit down and start the new season of The Bachelor with her. The bachelor in question?  Chris Soules.
Because I’m a good sport…and also because she promised me an endless supply of Swiss chocolate, I agreed and sat down to watch the show.
Holy crap! I was hooked within the first ten minutes.
Dang it.
It was like watching a train wreck and waiting for the inevitable carnage to follow. You know you should probably shield your eyes, but you simply can’t tear yourself away.
So entertaining.
Marry Your Billionaire by C.J. Anaya
As I watched Chris begin his first round of make-out sessions, I thought about how no one in the world could have paid me nearly enough money to put myself in that situation.
Then I wondered what might happen if someone didn’t want to be on the show, but was forced into it. What would motivate a woman to agree to something like that? What if the bachelor in question decided she was the one for him and refused to let her leave?
How delicious!
So I got to work on it right away. Of course, I had to continue watching the show. Purely for the sake of research, mind you, lest you think I couldn’t pull myself away from the TV to go make dinner… or do laundry…or wash the dishes. And then it was absolutely imperative that I continue my research by watching The Bachelorette.
Right?
I knew you’d understand.
For the record, I still think the idea of a dating reality TV series is ridonculous, but that’s what makes it so entertaining.
Needless to say, my foreign exchange student and I spent many evenings planted in
front of the TV with an unhealthy amount of popcorn and Swiss chocolate in front of us, arguing the finer points of life married to Whitney versus life married to Becca or even Kaitlyn. And who can dispute Kaitlyn’s extreme likability? And how awesome was it to witness every single emotional melt down, including the fake panic attack from Kelsey and her tactless claim that the death of her husband was the best backstory on the entire show?
Classic.
I do so love research.

Follow C.J. Anaya on Twitter, and check out her Website

No comments:

Post a Comment