Sunday, August 30, 2015

Reader Reviews What Authors Can Learn From Them

Author Kelly Collins

I’m not sure if it’s the same with other authors, but when I release a book, it’s like taking my child to school for the first time.

I introduce them to the world, hope that people will appreciate them, like them, and want to hang out for a while.

Once my book has been released it’s often graded. A lot of authors cringe when they see a new review on either Amazon or Goodreads, but I like them. Whether they are good or bad, I think they have value and we can learn from the experience. Here are some things that I have learned.

  • You can't please everyone.
  • Some people are just down right mean.
  • Some people are just down right nice.
  • Don't take things too seriously.
  • Understand that you wrote the book and pushed publish, and that's an accomplishment within itself.
  • Just keep writing.
  • The Dean's List by Kelly Collins
  • Love what you do.


I love the fact that I have fans, and that they are willing to put their hard earned money towards the words that I write. I will continue to write for these people and hope that they can persuade others to come hang out for a while.

So, as for reviews...hate them or love them. I’ll take them all and learn from them.

I’ve just sent a new book out for everyone to meet. I hope that you will like it. The Dean’s List is compelling, controversial and completely swoon worthy.

Come take a look at www.authorkellycollins.com

1 comment:

  1. Great book, Kelley. Thanks for the opportunity to read it.

    ReplyDelete