Tuesday, June 9, 2015

One Writers Successful Self Publishing Journey


Hi everyone! I'm Patrice Wilton from sunny West Palm Beach, Florida and I write contemporary romance and romantic comedies which I hope you will take a moment to check out! 

After twenty years of writing and nothing but heartache and rejections, I finally found success in 2011 with self publishing. I was considering--very seriously--of hanging up my writer's hat as it was causing me more grief than joy. It was at that time in late 2011 when the e-publishing phenomenon began. REPLACING BARNIE, the first book in the successful Candy Bar series, was put on Kindle for $.99. About three months later I got a call from a lady friend of mine and she asked if I knew that Barnie was in the top thousand, and I said --"Is that good?" I had moved homes and was without a computer so I hadn't been checking my numbers daily as I do now! Barnie went as low as the 300's, and I was selling well over a hundred books a day. Previously, it had been with a small press and it had sold about a hundred copy in two years! Readers found me--and I've never been so happy that they did!

In the past four years all my dreams have come true. I now have twenty books on Amazon and with other venders-- and due to success with two multi-author book sets, TEN CHRISTMAS BRIDES and HEARTS & KISSES, I made the USA Today best seller lists. We have another new boxset release scheduled June 9th--TEN BRIDES FOR TEN HOT GUYS, at the bargain price of $0.99.

TROUBLE IN VEGAS is another brand new release, and it's a spin off from my successful Serendipity Falls series. This is a laugh-a-minute book and was great fun to write! I am also finishing up a new book for another new series, entitled PARADISE COVE, which is placed in the Florida Keys. This is going to be a bigger book, with wonderful characters and strong emotional appeal. Look for it this summer!

On a personal note, I have two children, five grandchildren from that, a second marriage, and a combined number of ten grandchildren together! When I'm not writing I'm usually found on the tennis courts or out golfing with my ex-golf-pro-husband.

Thank you for letting me tell you about myself, and please check out my website at

www.patricewilton.com, and sign up for my newsletter! 

I will give away one $15. GC to some lucky winner on Monday, June 8th. And I love fan mail. Please email me at patricewilt@yahoo.com, and I will respond right away.

No comments:

Post a Comment