Tuesday, June 23, 2015

How Faith Inspired Her to Write


Becoming a writer was an idea I had buried away for a long time. After a career as a print model and television commercial actress, I committed my life to God. Soon afterward, I married and had two sons. Motherhood was the best part of my life. While my children grew up, my husband and I had a desire to make television shows for children. God gave me a dream which became Saved by the Bell. Seven more sitcoms followed.

During those early years of marriage, miracles of God were abundant. I was blessed to watch God and His supernatural ways manifest in my own family’s lives and in the lives of others. I knew from the beginning of these amazing events that I would write a book one day to share.   In 2014, I published my first book. MIRACLES – Expect Something Wild: 25 Inspirational True Stories of God’s Unbridled Power. Shortly afterward, Book Two: MIRACLES – The Holy Spirit’s Fire: 20 Inspirational True Stories of God’s Brilliance Ablaze. I have written five more books since.

I began a career in art. Oils on canvas, and a variety of styles. In 2003, my work was displayed in galleries nationwide.  Some of those paintings are in my first two books at the beginning of each story.

Poems of Summer by Connie Bryson
In the summer of 2013, I stayed at the beach near the Santa Monica Pier. I had been through much heartbreak in my life and needed a haven in which to heal. This is when I wrote poems and later composed them into a book,  Poems of Summer. I drew in all the beauty surrounding me and birthed it into poetry. From the morning sunrise to the brilliant sunset, I breathed in the salt air of summer. God’s creation encompassed me and brought soundness to my weary soul.

At the end of that summer, I moved into my new home. This is where my writing all began. I pray that the books I have written, and the ones yet to come will bring joy to the readers, and an awareness of God as they’ve never experienced before.

No comments:

Post a Comment