Friday, January 23, 2015

Readers Get Cozy with Paranormal-Romantic Suspense Author Joanne Jaytanie


Paranormal and Romantic Suspense Author Joanne Jaytanie
Q: Your books focus on the paranormal and romantic suspense, what is it about these genres that inspire you as a writer?

Suspense has always been a draw for me; you are never sure which direction a story might turn. I love to immerse myself in a story, the suspense, tension, danger, and drama, are all pluses in my book. Throw in the paranormal element and you can create heroines and heroes that are larger than life. These two genres give me freedom and opportunity to go in any direction. I have the ability to intertwine a story that you, the reader are never one-hundred percent sure of where it may take you.

Q: Can you tell us a little about the Winter Sister Series?

The Winters Sisters Series is romantic suspense with paranormal elements. The series is about three sisters, all of whom have ‘special’ abilities that each were born with, but may not be natural. The main thrust of the series revolves around the sisters working with an √©lite group of military men called SOCOM, which stands for Special Operations Command. The men in this team also possess supernatural abilities. Together they are tracking an enemy whose goal is to create the perfect, supernatural soldier.

 
Chasing Victory: The Winters Series 
Q: Was writing something you always did or was it something you took up recently after having a business career?

I suppose the answer would be both. I have written since my freshman year in high school and have always loved to write. After my husband and I decided to close down our forensic engineering firm I was lost, wondering what I should do with the rest of my life. I realized that it was the perfect opportunity to finally follow my passion.

Q: I read that you like writing about the twists and turns for your characters. Many readers enjoy a good twist in a book. Do you already have an idea in mind of where you want the story to go when you start?

Twists and turns are my favorite part! When I start my book I have my basic story arc planned, but how my story gets to the end often changes along the way. If I feel something is too ‘straight line’ I will throw a curve into it. I love when someone says to me, “I didn’t see that coming.” That’s what I work for, to surprise the reader.


Q: As an author what has been the best part about writing and publishing your books?

The best part is when a reader tells me they love my book and can’t wait for the next one! That has to be the all-time best part of writing. Sharing something that I love to write and having others love to read it.

Q: Is there anything else you would like to say to readers who are new to you?

I hope you will give me a try. If you do, please tell me what you think. I love to meet and chat with new people.

Joanne loves to hear from her fans. You can connect with Joanne on Facebook on Twitter and do check out her website!  



11 comments:

  1. Thank you, Renee and StoryFinds for hosting me on your site today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. Thank you, Tammy! And thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  3. Hi Joanne,

    Good interview. I totally agree with the feel you get when a story arc needs a sudden twist to give the plot a good jolt.
    Chris Karlsen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Chris! We love our twists, don't we? :)

      Delete
  4. Nice interview, Joanne! I agree, it's so much fun when the story tells YOU where it wants to go.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Alison! Well said! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  5. Thanks so much Joanne for joining us. I love it when the story leads you down a path you weren't expecting.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I always learn something new from reading author interviews. I didn't realize you and hubby had a forensics engineering firm. Cool!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks Jackie. I never expected to work in a forensic engineering firm, but I have to say it was interesting.

    ReplyDelete